Bios are an essential element of a professional’s marketing efforts. Whether you’re an author or artist, a bio provides a brief overview of who you are, who you create for, what accomplishments you’ve made and what you’re currently promoting.
A good bio doesn’t just establish credibility with its reader. It allows them to connect with the heart behind the person and their work. It’s more than a rap sheet of career highlights. It’s an opportunity to share the “why” behind what you do.
Below are 5 Questions that Will Help You Write a Better Bio by getting to the “why.”
- What are you most passionate about?
- What most excites you about your work & the contribution you can make?
- What’s the best compliment you received from a fan? Or what is the best compliment that you could receive from a fan or someone who you’re making it for?
- Where do you look for creative inspiration?
- Are there any trends or challenges you’re seeing emerging in your field, and what’s your response to them?